Licensed Professional Counselor/Licensed Clinical Social Worker
AT THIS TIME, TINA’S CASELOAD IS FULL AND SHE IS NOT ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS. HOWEVER, ANOTHER AGENCY THERAPIST MAY BE ABLE TO MEET YOUR NEEDS.
Tina’s work experience is varied. She has worked with emotionally disturbed children and their families in residential treatment, with children and teens as a school counselor K-12, opened her home as a licensed foster home for children and teens for several years, and been in private practice with various agencies since 1992. Tina integrates spirituality into her counseling when so desired by her clients. She works with children, teens, families, adults and couples. Tina is comfortable with and advocates coordinating treatment with school personnel, doctors, social workers and other resources as needed.
Tina received her master’s degree from UW-Oshkosh with a dual emphasis in K-12 School Counseling and Community Counseling. She has also completed extensive training in Internal Family Systems Therapy, a model of therapy that believes that people already have the internal resources needed to heal and grow.
Tina’s areas of interest and expertise include
- Childhood and adolescent emotional and behavioral disorders particularly ADHD, ODD, anxiety and depression
- Utilizing Play therapy and expressive modalities as needed.
- Relaxation training and guided imagery for treatment of anxiety, depression and stress related issues.
- Adjustment issues related to divorce, blended families, loss, moving, deployment, career changes, and other significant developmental life changes.
- Relationship, family and parenting issues.
- Recovery from past trauma resulting from family dysfunction, alcoholism or other addictions, physical, sexual and emotional abuse, parental mental illness, etc.
Tina works in the Sheboygan office on Mondays and Tuesdays and in the Plymouth office Wednesdays and Thursdays and an occasional Saturday. Hours subject to change.